AZ Fast Grant
Click here for the AZ Fast Grant Application
Technology Commercialization Assistance
This competitive grant enables Arizona-based technology companies to initiate the commercialization process. Total funds available for this grant round are $175,000.
Maximum awards of $5,000 and $20,000 will enable companies to accomplish one of four scopes of work.
SBIR/STTR Proposal Development – Maximum award of $5,000
- Enrollment in the ACA PIII Playbook training, a structured program of training and technical assistance allowing high-growth potential small technology firms to compete more effectively for federal SBIR/STTR Phase I and II awards. For additional details, visit PIII Playbook. (Maximum award of $1,500)
- Professional SBIR/STTR proposal writing consultant services beyond the 23 hours already provided by the PIII Playbook training program. You may contract a consultant of your choice. (Maximum award of $3,500)
Commercialization Feasibility Study – Maximum award of $5,000
- Identify showstoppers to commercialization before resources are spent commercializing a technology that is unlikely to succeed. You may contract a consultant of your choice.
Other Acceptable Means Of Technology Commercialization Assistance – Maximum award of $5,000
- Technology Review – An expert review of the technology under development to determine if it already exists, is a good candidate for intellectual property protection and is likely to find an attractive market.
- Requests for other acceptable means of technology commercialization assistance will be considered.
Innovation In Manufacturing – Maximum award of $20,000
- Partner with an Arizona manufacturer to solve an existing manufacturing opportunity with your novel innovation.
- This initiative will focus upon creating and providing disruptive tools and technologies to Arizona manufacturing firms.
- In order to move emerging technologies towards commercialization, this competition will identify novel technologies that can be implemented on a pilot basis with an industry partner or partners within six months of the award notification. Multiple competitive awards of up to $20,000 each will be made in this grant cycle.
- Solution providers, i.e. – consultants, training firms, engineering and technology companies, and educational institutions, are encouraged to team with manufacturers to submit proposals.
- Each proposer must identify a teaming arrangement with Arizona manufacturers. Preference will be given to proposers teaming with multiple manufacturing partners.
- The manufacturers must have less than 500 employees in its Arizona operations and operate within any of these business sectors:
Aerospace & Defense
Bio and Life Sciences
AZ FAST GRANT REQUIREMENTS:
- Applicant companies are required to have a physical presence in Arizona, have less than 30 employees and gross revenues of $2 million or less.
- The company’s solution must be for a targeted Arizona Commerce Authority (ACA) technology sector.
- Companies should interview and select professional consultants who match their requirements. Consultants must be an independent third party to the client company.
- A customized formal quote from the consultant of choice stating the scope of work, time frame for deliverables and detailed costs is required with this application.
- Companies may submit only one application.
- Applications must be submitted on-line.
- Grant payment schedule – 25% upon award, 25% after first progress report and 50% upon completion
- Project must be completed within six months of award notification.
- Awardee permits Arizona Commerce Authority to identify the firm and its project in news releases and marketing activities.
- ACA is not obligated by law to provide grants to any business. Grants are made in the sole and absolute discretion of the ACA based on a variety of factors and no factor or combination of factors ensures grant eligibility.
- The awarding of grants is based on criteria that produce the best value for the ACA.
- Applicant’s qualifications – Company profile, demonstrated professional experience, academic credentials, and commercialization experience.
- Technology under development – Identification of the technology and the problem it solves with emphasis on its positive impact on the business sector.
- Proof of a real market need and identified demand for this solution.
- Proposed use of the funds and the scope of work for professional services.
- Application Available: June 3, 2013
- Closing date: July 8, 2013
- Awards announced: September 2013
Click here for the AZ Fast Grant Application
Click here for a SAMPLE of the AZ Fast Grant Application (application must be completed eletronically using the link above)
For additional questions: email@example.com