Learn more about the events across the state and country to connect with experts and successful SBIR award winners!
- April 28 & 29, 2016 - Understanding SBIR/STTR Programs: DARPA, NAVY, NSF, NASA
Each year, the Federal government makes millions of agency R&D dollars available through its SBIR (Small Business Innovation Research) and STTR (Small Business Technology Transfer) programs. Plugging into this funding, finding partners and responding to program solicitations takes planning, expertise, and multi-organizational teamwork.
Join us for this state-wide, two-day event – presented by The University of Arizona Tech Launch Arizona in partnership with theArizona Commerce Authority in Tucson, Arizona – to learn from those who have been through the process and hear directly from representatives of agencies DARPA, NAVY, NSF and NASA*.
Get the help you need to plan your strategies, build your teams and have success.
- May 23-25, 2016 - National SBIR/STTR Conference
The Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer programs are highly competitive, encouraging small businesses to engage in Federal Research/Research and Development (R/R&D) work with potential for commercialization. National SBIR/STTR conferences are typically the largest and most important conferences specializing in helping small businesses learn about participating in SBIR/STTR programs. At this Conference, representatives from all 11 federal agencies with SBIR/STTR programs will attend, in addition to other SBIR/STTR experts and trainers. Conference highlights include:
- Presentations from all SBIR/STTR Agency Program Managers
- Learn how to successfully submit competitive research proposals
- Hear from government, industry and academic experts on successful commercialization strategies
- Interact with SBIR/STTR Agency Program Managers, technology entrepreneurs, large company representatives, and researchers in Roundtable discussions, sessions and 1-on-1 meetings
- Learn about cutting-edge opportunities in defense, agriculture, energy, and health/medicine
- Optional pre conference workshops on SBIR/STTR Phase I, Phase II and licensing and commercialization
- Various Dates – SBIR Road Tour - Every SBIR Road Tour stop represents a coveted opportunity to meet directly with Federal and State Program Managers who seed a wide spectrum of innovative ideas, while learning about your state sponsored innovation support infrastructure.