Safest Outside Restaurant Assistance Program
This program has reopened.
The State of Arizona created the Safest Outside Restaurant Assistance Program, which is designed to assist bars and restaurants with funding for the infrastructure needed to expand their premises. With $2 million total in the fund, businesses may apply for up to $10,000 to cover expenditures for items restaurants need to extend their premises to approved outdoor spaces such as outdoor furniture, barriers, patio heaters, or parklets.
- Licensed restaurants and bars
- Fewer than 50 full-time equivalent employees
- Must comply with all COVID-19 related executive orders
- Must demonstrate a new extension of premises that has been approved by the local governing body and the Arizona Department of Liquor Licensing and Control (if applicable)
- Must submit a complete application, including a budget (incomplete applications will not be considered)
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and will close on March 5, 2021.