Surprise Small Business Relief Grant 2.0
The City of Surprise is providing financial assistance to small businesses experiencing a loss of revenue due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Grants levels ranging from $1,500 to $10,000 will be awarded to small businesses based on business type. The funds will assist with rent, utilities, payroll expenses and other necessary operating costs.
Am I eligible?
- Physical location in the City of Surprise
- Total gross revenues declined and the business was closed for more than 10 days in compliance with the following Governor’s Executive Orders: 2020-09, 2020-12, 2020-18, 2020-36, 2020-40, 2020-43, 2020-47, 2020-52
- 25 or fewer full-time equivalent employees as of March 1, 2020
- $2 million or less in gross revenues between Jan. 1, 2019 and Dec. 31, 2019
- Category 1 ($1,500): hair salons and barber shops, massage therapy and nail salon establishments, tubing operators businesses and water parks
- Category 2 ($2,500): restaurants with no indoor or fully-enclosed dining (as of July 15, 2020)
- Category 3 ($5,000): Restaurants with indoor or fully enclosed dining; fitness, dance, yoga, gymnastics studios/centers/facilities with less than 4,500 square feet; nonprofits in commercial space; and retail businesses in commercial space
- Category 4 ($7,500): Bars (series 6 or 7 licenses)
- Category 5 ($10,000): indoor gyms or fitness clubs with more than 4,5000 square feet of space