NFPA 70E: Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace
ASSA ABLOY, 10027 South 51st Street, Phoenix, AZ 85044
Feb 24, 2023
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
DATE CHANGE FROM FEBRUARY 23RD TO FEBRUARY 24TH!!!
This eight-hour course is designed to provide an understanding of why to comply with OSHA and NFPA Standards, how we are responsible, what these Standards cover, and gain the skills to identify safety specific to electrical hazards. This course can be expanded with the development of risk assessment procedures and emergency action plan, along with further details of items below.
Participants will be able to:
• Explain the issues (statistics) associated with poor electrical safety in the workplace.
• Recall key electrical terms which are essential to understanding and meeting the requirements of key electrical safety standards: i.e. OSHA 29 CFR 1910.331-.335, NFPA 70E, NEC (NFPA 70)
• Define and differentiate between qualified and unqualified persons under OSHA Sub Part S. and the training requirements for each.
• Describe the intent of an Electrical Safety Program and list the essential elements of an effective program.
• Use a “Status Check” survey to assess the facility’s electrical safety program and where necessary develop strategies for improvement.
Who Should Attend:
People in or aspiring to be in the following positions:
- Maintenance (facilities or machine)
- Electrical Assembly
- Manufacturing Engineers
- Safety Professionals
Download the flyer for more information