County Offices 

If your business will be based and/or operate in an unincorporated region of the county, check with the county Planning and Zoning and/or Development Services departments regarding zoning laws. Check also with the Fire department and county Sheriff's office for any regulations/restrictions that might impact your business.  

The county health departments issue permits to - and perform inspections on - businesses like food establishments, pet shops, public accommodations, public and semi-public swimming pools, mobile food vendors, and trailer parks. The county regulates water, wastewater and solid waste related activities. To find your county health department, click on the county link below and look under Departments for terms such as Health Services or Environmental Health Services. (23)

Additional Information:

Fictitious business names can be filed with the county recorder's office.