KORE Power Recognized As ‘Deal Of The Year’ by Business Facilities
PHOENIX, AZ (January 14, 2022) — In July 2021, KORE Power made international news when the company announced Buckeye, Arizona as the site of its new one-million-square-foot lithium-ion battery manufacturing facility. The project is estimated to create 3,000 jobs.
This week, Business Facilities Magazine, a leading area economic development and site selection publication, recognized KORE Power as one of three “Deals of the Year” out of a “record-setting” number of entries from around the country.
During the announcement in July, Governor Ducey said the new facility will “position Arizona as an anchor in the global battery manufacturing supply chain.”
“By creating a new domestic battery supply, these batteries will be central to our country’s energy security, powering everything from energy grid stabilization to electric vehicles,” the Governor stated.
This week’s recognition follows a string of recent Arizona economic development awards. Last year, Arizona was awarded its third “Gold Shovel” award from Area Development Magazine, a leading site selection publication, for the state’s “success in terms of new job creation and company capital investment” in 2020. In addition, TSMC’s announced $12 billion investment to build a semiconductor fabrication facility in Phoenix was named one of six “Manufacturing Projects of the Year.”
In addition to KORE Power, Arizona celebrated record economic activity in 2021, with projects for electric vehicles, aerospace and defense, medtech, financial services, technology and more.
Companies that selected Arizona in 2021 include:
- LiveRamp, PennyMac Financial Services and APEL Extrusions in Phoenix;
- OnePointOne and PhotoCentric in Avondale; Helix Electric and United Aviate Academy in Goodyear in the West Valley;
- Gulfstream, Facebook and ElectraMeccanica in Mesa, Intel’s significant expansion in Chandler; Zero Electric Vehicles and Li-Cycle in Gilbert in the East Valley;
- Eurofins, CIS Global and BD in Tucson; Leonardo Electronics in Oro Valley in Southern Arizona;
- And UACJ Whitehall in Flagstaff, ZenniHome in Page, Shambaugh and Sons in Kingman, CP Technologies in Prescott, and Jomi Engineering in Casa Grande throughout rural Arizona.
Business Facilities’ 2021 Deals Of The Year are available to view HERE.
Alyssa Tufts, Arizona Commerce Authority, [email protected]
About the Arizona Commerce Authority
The Arizona Commerce Authority (ACA) is the state's leading economic development organization with a streamlined mission to grow and strengthen Arizona's economy. The ACA uses a three-pronged approach to advance the overall economy: attract, expand, create - attract out-of-state companies to establish operations in Arizona; work with existing companies to expand their business in Arizona and beyond; and help entrepreneurs create new Arizona businesses in targeted industries. For more information, please visit azcommerce.com and follow the ACA on Twitter at @azcommerce.