I am exiting my Arizona business

Whether you are closing, selling or transferring ownership of your business, there is more to it than meets the eye. As part of your due diligence, contact any governmental office from which you received any licenses, permits or registrations to ensure they are properly canceled, terminated, dissolved, transferred, etc. In addition, you will want to make sure you have taken care of any tax liabilities. The links below will provide access to the various licensing offices and will also help you through basic steps, important considerations, and commonly requested forms. You may also wish to consult with your professional partners. (21)

The Arizona Business Brokers Association (AZBBA) is a non-profit professional association dedicated to continuing education in the field of business transactions and to providing reputable services to business sellers and buyers. (21) 

Exiting my Arizona Business
Arizona Corporation Commission: Corporations/Limited Liability Companies/Certificate of Compliance for Dissolution/Withdrawal
Arizona Department of Economic Security - Layoffs and Closures
Arizona Department of Revenue: TPT, Use Tax, Withholding/Unemployment Tax/Licenses; Letter of Good Standing
Arizona Secretary of State: Trade Names, Trademarks, Partnerships
City/Town Offices: Business/Occupational, Regulatory (Professional/Special) Licenses
County Offices: Permits/Registrations
Internal Revenue Service: Closing a Business, Canceling an EIN
U.S. Small Business Administration: Close or sell your business

See Results