Child Care/Child Care Facility (includes Child Care Group Home, Center and Public School)

If you plan to provide child care for five (5) or more children in Arizona, you must apply for a license with the Department of Health Services. If you plan to provide child care in your home, for compensation, you are required to have your home certified by Bureau of Child Care Licensing. (22)

Download: Providers - Applications 

Contact: Arizona Department of Health Services, Division of Public Health Licensing Services, Bureau of Child Care Licensing (BCCL), Phoenix Metro Area 602.364.2539 or Tucson/Yuma Area 520.628.6541 or Flagstaff/Northern Arizona Area 928.774.2707


Additional Information: 
Arizona Department of Economic Security, Child Care Administration: Child Care Provider Information

Internal Revenue Service (IRS), Child and Adult Care Tax Center: Contains links to child care related topics such as the Child Care Provider Audit Techniques Guide, forms, publications, and related links. (21)

Arizona Early Childhood Education Association (AECEA): Non-profit organization whose mission is to represent private, licensed child care centers statewide and to promote affordable, quality early care and education that meets the needs of Arizona’s families and children. (21)

Association for Supportive Child Care (ASCC): Non-profit organization dedicated to enhancing the quality of care for children in Arizona by providing resources and support to anyone who impacts them. (21) 

Child Care Resource and Referral Service (CCR & R)
: Provides consumer education, information and resources to families, providers, and the community about child care. Services are available at no cost. (21)