Pool Cleaning

The Arizona Department of Environmental Quality (ADEQ) provides state regulations on the disposal of pool chemicals (hazardous materials).  

Contact: Arizona Department of Environmental Quality (ADEQ), 602.207.2233 or 800.234.5677

If you plan to operate a business that performs, coordinates, or supervises modification work, including any repairs, including contracting with any subcontractors, you may need a contractor's license in addition to any other license requirements. For more information, see Construction/Construction-Related Activity - modifying real property. (22)


If you plan to perform direct customer service activities such as pool cleaning, see Local Compliance section below to learn about possible license requirements.