I will be a Limited Partnership

If you desire to conduct business as a Limited Partnership (LP), Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) or Limited Liability Limited Partnership (LLLP), you must file with the Arizona Secretary of State to receive that designation.

Arizona Secretary of State: Partnerships
Filing by Mail: Attn: Notary Dept, 1700 W. Washington Street, 7th Floor, Phoenix, AZ 85007-2808
In-Person Filing:
State Capitol Executive Tower, 1700 W. Washington Street, Suite 103, Phoenix, AZ 85007
Arizona State Complex Building, 400 W. Congress, First Floor, Suite 141, Tucson, AZ 85701
Phoenix 602.542.6187 or Tucson 520.628.6583 or Arizona toll free 800.458.5842


To ensure that all legal requirements are satisfied, it’s a good idea to consult an attorney to organize your partnership.


An Employer Identification Number (EIN) is also known as a Federal Tax Identification Number (TIN) and is used to identify a business entity. Generally, businesses need an EIN. For more information, see the Employer Identification Number (EIN) section below or click here. (23)

Additional Information:
Internal Revenue Service (IRS): PartnershipsTax Information for PartnershipsSelf-Employed Individuals Tax CenterPublication 334 - Tax Guide for Small Business, Publication 541 - Partnerships, Publication 583 - Starting a Business and Keeping RecordsIRS Tax Calendar for Businesses and Self-Employed