Hemp/Cannabidiol (CBD)-Containing Products

Hemp/Cannabidiol (CBD)-Containing Products

The hemp/cannabidiol (CBD) industry is subject to ever-changing, complex government regulations that are still in early stages of being established.

Below are some resources to help you get started in navigating compliance requirements. You may also wish to consult with your professional partners

The Arizona Department of Agriculture requires a license to grow, harvest, transport, and/or process industrial hemp. (22) 

Contact: Arizona Department of Agriculture: Industrial Hemp Program, 602.542.3228


You must be a licensed seed labeler and follow Arizona's seed labeling laws if you are going to be labeling hemp seed for sale in Arizona. You must be a licensed seed dealer if you are going to be selling seed for planting. (22)

Contact: Arizona Department of Agriculture: Environmental Services, 602.542.3578


Additional Information:

See also: Pharmacies/Pharmacists/Pharmaceuticals

The National Cannabis Industry Association (NCIA) is a 501(C)(6) nonprofit trade association with the mission of advancing the legal and responsible cannabis industry. (22)

FDA Regulation of Cannabis and Cannabis-Derived Products, Including Cannabidiol (CBD)

FDA Statement on the importance of conducting proper research to prove safe and effective medical uses for the active chemicals in marijuana and its components (6/25/18)