DIGITAL SKILLS FOR YOUR BUSINESS
The Arizona Commerce Authority’s Small Business Digital Academy is designed to equip the state’s small businesses with digital strategies and literacy. Many customers now expect to engage with businesses online, whether by reviewing a restaurant menu on Google, buying products on the website or asking questions through social media. Leveraging digital tools can support and improve the resiliency of your business.
The Small Business Digital Academy is held four times a year. Applications for the 2022 Fall Small Business Digital Academy Cohort are now closed.
ABOUT THE ACADEMY
Over six weeks, the Arizona Small Business Academy prepares small businesses to operate successfully in a digitally-driven economy. Entrepreneurs and small business owners will learn strategies for website, social media, e-commerce, search engine optimization (SEO), customer relationship management (CRM) and analytics tools to effectively represent their business online.
Modules are guided by small business experts on Monday and Friday of each week. Participants can access additional learning resources throughout the Academy to supplement their understanding and application of strategies learned during the Monday lecture sessions. Live learning sessions and open office hours alternate weekly on Mondays. Open office hours allow participants to ask questions and receive feedback from mentors directly.
- Evaluating Value for Online Needs: Start by identifying your business’s unique value proposition for your customers to optimize your online efforts.
- Getting Online: Build your business credibility by creating and evaluating a website that provides your business the foundation for online success.
- Selling Online: Engage customers and drive consumer action by selling products and services online.
- Connecting Online: Cultivate quality connections with your potential and return customers and increase brand advocacy through social media strategies.
- Growing Online: Improve your website’s traffic by learning to rank higher in search results and growing your customer base with Search Engine Optimization (SEO) strategies.
- Thriving Online: Evaluate your newly minted online efforts and management systems to grow and improve your business.
ACADEMY APPLICATION SCHEDULE
All interested Arizona small businesses needing digital marketing and selling assistance are invited to sign-up for Arizona Small Business Digital Academy notifications.
2022 Fall Cohort Schedule:
- Application Opens: Tuesday, September 6, 2022
- Application Closes: Friday, September 23, 2022
- Orientation: September 26 - 30, 2022
- Module 1 Live: Monday, October 10, 2022 at 3:00 p.m.
- Open Office Hour Week: Monday, October 17, 2022 at 3:00 p.m.
- Module 2 Live: Monday, October 24, 2022 at 3:00 p.m.
- Open Office Hour Week: Monday, October 31, 2022 at 3:00 p.m.
- Module 3 Live: Monday, November 7, 2022 at 3:00 p.m.
- Open Office Hour Week: Monday, November 14, 2022 at 3:00 p.m.