Sober Living Home (may include half-way homes)

Anyone who is operating a facility that meets the statutory definition of a sober living home must obtain a license from Arizona Department of Health Services to operate legally in Arizona. (22)

Contact:  Arizona Department of Health Services (ADHS), Bureau of Special Licensing, Sober Living Homes Program, 602.542.3422


If you plan to be in the business of leasing or renting residential real property, you may be subject to transaction privilege (sales) tax/licensing under the Residential Rental and/or Transient Lodging classifications. For more information, see Engaging in activities subject to transaction privilege (sales)/use tax. (22)


Additional Information:
Arizona Department of Revenue: Residential Rental; 645 Residential Rental For Transaction Privilege Tax 

See also: Transient Lodging (includes apartments, bed & breakfast, hotel/motel, tourist home, campground, space for mobile home, etc.)