TREASURY GUIDANCE UPDATES
The assets below provide additional information on the guidance released by the U.S. Department of the Treasury on April 17.
- Treasury's press release
- The text of the second tranche of Treasury guidance
- A White House statement
News Coverage and Analysis:
- Trump Administration Offers New Flexibility in Opportunity Zones, The Wall Street Journal
- Trump's Opportunity Zone Rules Deliver on Investors' Wish List, Bloomberg
- Treasury Issues Rules on Tax Breaks for Opportunity Zones, The New York Times
- Opportunity Zones Are Open For Business: 5 Key Features Of The New Guidance, Forbes
- Clarity Provided by Second Tranche of Treasury Regulations to Incent More Investment in Opportunity Zones Businesses (Part I), Novogradac
Treasury also released a Request for Information, seeking input regarding data collection and tracking of Opportunity Zones. This provides an opportunity for people to suggest what information should be collected about investments in Opportunity Zones.
Additionally, on April 18, the White House Opportunity and Revitalization Council released a list of actions federal government agencies are taking to support development in Opportunity Zones. This includes preferences for efforts in Opportunity Zones supported by funds from the Departments of Labor, Housing and Urban Development, Education, Transportation, Agriculture, Justice, Health and Human Services, the Small Business Administration and the Environmental Protection Agency.
The Arizona Commerce Authority held a webinar on May 15, 2019 exploring the second round of guidance. This two-hour session featured some of Arizona's top Opportunity Zone and Fund experts. Click the links below to watch the webinar and access material from the session.
Arizona Opportunity Zones Map
Review Arizona's designated tracts using the Arizona Opportunity Zones Map. Additionally, use the ACA's Arizona Asset Map to identify statewide assets, resources and amenities. Explore across 27 different categories including infrastructure, education resources, land ownership, startup resources and labor force information.
The U.S. Department of the Treasury released the first tranche of guidance on Opportunity Zones and Funds on October 19, 2018. The ACA hosted a webinar called the Opportunity Funds Guidance Update on Tuesday, October 30th.
The presentation materials as well as the video of the online webinar are available below.
- Arizona Commerce Authority Opportunity Funds Guidance Update Webinar Presentation
- Opportunity Zones Program Presentation from Marc Schultz
- Opportunity Funds Guidance Update Webinar Video October 2018
What others have to say about the guidance: