Credit Repair/Credit Services

Credit Repair/Credit Services

A credit repair organization (a.k.a. credit services organization) may be required to obtain a surety bond. Your insurance agent or insurance company may be able to sell you a surety bond. Otherwise, the National Association of Surety Bond Producers web page Find a Producer may assist you in finding an insurance producer who can sell you a surety bond. You can also search the Internet using “surety bond” as a search term. Make sure your insurance professional is licensed as a Casualty Insurance Producer by the Arizona Department of Insurance and Financial Institutions (DIFI) by using their online License Search.

Some of the laws that govern credit services organizations can be found in the Arizona Revised Statutes (A.R.S. 44-1701 et seq.) You may also wish to consult your accountant and/or attorney for assistance. 

If a bond is required, a copy must be filed with the Records Section of the Arizona Corporation Commission, Corporation Division. To do this, send a copy of the bond to the Phoenix office of the Corporation Division, along with a letter asking that this document be made a part of your company’s public record. There is no fee involved. 

Arizona Corporation Commission, Corporation Division, Records Section
1300 West Washington Street, Phoenix, AZ 85007-2929

Additional Information:
Arizona Attorney General, Credit Reporting: Includes Information on Credit Repair

Federal Trade Commission, Bureau of Consumer Protection Business Center - Debt:  (includes rules and laws that apply to your business if you market products or services promising to help consumers with their debts – or assist companies that do.)