- Film Offices
- Digital Media Services
- Production Services
- Production Essentials FAQs
- Arizona Production Directory
- Rebates & Discounts
- Industry Resources
- Submit a Location / Prop / Picture Vehicle
- From the Director's Chair
- Cast & Crew Calls
- Workshops & Seminars
- Film Festivals
- Filmed in Arizona
- Contact Us
Arizona's Stay At Home Order HAS BEEN LIFTED and businesses are re-opening and productions need to follow the safety protocols set forth in Arizona Governor Doug Ducey's Executive Order (2020-36) and updated in Executive Order 2020-43 and continued in Executive Order 2020-52.
When flying into Phoenix Sky Harbor airport, new safety protocols are also now underway regarding the wearing of face masks in the airports and rental car facilities. Read details on the policy and exemptions.
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, we continue to recommend adherence to federal and state mitigation measures that remain in place. These recommendations are continuously evolving to meet the needs of safety, business, and society.
Businesses are putting in place additional safety measures such as temperature checks, and daily health screenings for workers upon arrival at their workplace. Some studios and production companies are also being pro-active in creating new workplace safety guidelines for on-location/set work and travel, including the presence of medics and other designated personnel charged with managing workplace safety guidelines.
As of 7/29/20, the following continue to be recommended while working in Arizona:
- Social Distancing
- Wearing a face mask (mandated in some counties, cities, towns).
- Sanitation of work-spaces, equipment, and personal items.
- Limited gatherings of no more than 10
Avoid close contact with people who are sick
Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
Stay home when you are sick
Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
Regarding Group Activities:
Governor Ducey's Executive Order 2020-43 limits group activities to no more than 10 people, however, Executive Order 2020-46 will allow for up to 50 people in a city with the approval of its Mayor, or in Unincorporated Areas with approval of the Board of Supervisors.
Regarding Quarantine/Travel Restrictions in Arizona:
No travel restrictions are currently in place. Travel Guidance - Arizona Office of Tourism.
We've pulled together the following resources to help you navigate and create the proper protocols to conduct safe production work while in Arizona.
- AZ COVID-19 - Department of Health Services latest re-opening activities
- National Set Medics website with details on COVID-19 guidelines.
- Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers Industry-Wide LaborManagement Safety Committee Task Force White Paper: Proposed Health and Safety Guidelines for Motion Picture, Television, and Streaming Productions During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Directors Guild, SAGAFTRA, IATSE, Teamsters - (CV-19) Safety Guidelines Report The Safe Way Forward
- View our Permitting webpage for updates on impacted locations and permitting restrictions.
- Arizona COVID-19 Response Assistance webpage with health, business, individual resources.
- Governor Doug Ducey's implemented Executive Orders for COVID-19
- Map of Arizona Cases
- Arizona Commerce Authority Business COVID-19 Support
- Industry resources: LA County Reopening Protocols
Are you a qualified emergency health professional, set medic, and/or COVID-19 Compliance Officer? If yes, make sure hiring productions can find you registered in our Arizona Production Directory.