Funding for this program has been fully disbursed and applications are no longer being accepted. Please feel free to review the traditional Job Training Program or any of the other various incentive programs.
In response to economic consequences of the COVID-19 outbreak, Arizona established a financial program to support employers and continue energizing Arizona's economy. The Rapid Employment Job Training Grant provides support by reimbursing costs associated with training substantial numbers of new employees quickly.
Public or private organizations, entities or sole proprietorships who have hired new employees between March 1 and September 1, 2020 and provided online or in-person training are eligible for reimbursement through this grant. Churches, schools, and public service corporations are not eligible. New employees are defined as workers who were hired to fill new positions from March 1, 2020 to the date of the reimbursement request.
The grant covers approved training or course development costs for the time employees spend in dedicated training environments.
Equipment & machinery
- Fringe benefits, food and beverages, recruitment and signing bonuses for trainees and trainers.
- Employer costs to complete a program application.
- Except for small businesses with less than 100 employees, training expenses for partners or corporate officers.
- Employee relocation expenses.
- Training or course development costs that are not part of the employer’s approved training plan.
- Costs for assessing the training needs of employees.
- Drug or other testing costs for employee screening or prescreening purposes.
- Costs for trade shows and conferences or seminars that do not result in a skill certificate that is earned by an employee.
Expediting your hiring
Arizona's Job Training Grants
The Arizona Commerce Authority also houses a Job Training Grant. Though similar in its mission to relieve the costs of providing quality training for new employees, the Rapid Employment Job Training Grant Program is designed for businesses looking to immediately train new employees.